Though focused on the GCC, the EDM-GCC degree will be open to students from throughout the world. This program will have the same admissions criteria and process as existing SCS master’s degree programs.
Application Deadlines for August 2017 Cohort
- Priority deadline: March 1
- Application deadline: May 1
- Completed online application
Start your online application.
- Application fee (currently $50 USD)
- Personal statement
An essay explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue this specific master’s degree. It should be three to five pages, typed, and double-spaced. It should describe:
- What are the specific academic and professional qualities you possess that could help you excel within this program?
- What goals do you hope to achieve if you are accepted into this program?
- How do ethics factor into your everyday life—both personally and professionally? Briefly describe a situation when you've had to rely on your personal ethics to make a difficult decision or overcome a challenge. What did you learn from this experience?
- Resume or CV
- Two letters of recommendation
- Recommendations should be completed by supervisors who can attest to your professional abilities
- Recommendations from former professors are acceptable for applicants with limited professional experience
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions outside of the United States, where credit has been earned, must be evaluated by WES (wes.org) or ECE (ece.org). Applicant must request the course-by-course evaluation and the evaluation should be submitted to Georgetown for review along with other application materials. It is not necessary to send additional copies of official transcripts from schools included in the evaluation.
Applicant must submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions in the United States where credit has been earned.
Transcripts should be mailed to:
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Office of Admissions
640 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Proof of English proficiency—Applicant must submit ONE of the following:
Proof of bachelor’s or advanced degree earned from an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction.
Official TOEFL report with a minimum score of 550–600 (paper-based), 225–250 (computer-based), or 90–100 (iBT).
Official IELTS report with a minimum score of 7.0–8.0.