- What classes are being offered?
- Who can register for the classes?
- Who is teaching the classes?
- When do classes start?
- Where can I park?
- Where are the classes held in the GU-Q building?
- What do I need to read for my course?
- Will there be exams or a final grade for the course?
- Will I receive a certificate?
- Where are the restrooms and prayer rooms?
- How much do the courses cost and how do I pay?
- Can I get a discount on the course fees?
- What is the withdrawal and refund policy?
- Can classes be canceled?
For a list of classes, please refer to the Community Class section of the website - https://epe.qatar.georgetown.edu/cc.
Participants must be 18 years or older, and be a resident of the State of Qatar. No student visas will be issued for Community Classes. A previous degree is not required to enroll.
Please note: Georgetown University is subject to the embargo and economic sanctions regulations promulgated by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). As such, the following categories of persons will not be able to enroll or participate in programs or activities in which Georgetown is involved, unless such enrollment or participation is authorized under applicable OFAC regulations or by an OFAC general or specific license:
- Citizens or residents of countries subject to a comprehensive U.S. embargo; it being understood that citizens of any country who are ordinarily resident in non-sanctioned countries – as demonstrated by an ID or residence permit for that country – will be allowed to enroll unless subject to clause (2) below.
- Persons included on the OFAC list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons available at: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx
Please refer to the Community Class section of the website (https://epe.qatar.georgetown.edu/cc) for more information about the course instructors.
Classes start the week of October 28, 2018 and end on December 5, 2018. Please refer to the Community Education Program website for details of which night of the week each class is offered. All classes will run from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in the evening.
Parking is available in the underground parking garage at the Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) building in Education City. This is open daily after 5:00 p.m. on a first-come-first-served basis. Parking is also available at Education City’s Ceremonial Court parking area, and a shuttle service operates regularly to the GU-Q building.
Please note that you must bring a photo identification document (such as a Qatar ID or passport) with you in order to gain entry to the Georgetown University building and campus facilities.
Participants will receive an email in advance of the start of classes with specific classroom information. GU-Q staff and signage will also assist participants in finding the correct classroom on the day of the class.
All reading materials will be provided either in hardcopy or electronic format by the instructor.
No grades are assigned for community education classes, and there are no exams.
Yes. Participants who attend at least five out of six classes will receive a certificate of participation.
Signage around the GU-Q building will direct you to the restroom and prayer room facilities.
The cost for each course is $530/QR1935. Payment must be made at the time of registration, online, using either VISA and Mastercard.
Payment will also be accepted on the first night of classes between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., however, we encourage you to register and pay online before the first class as space is limited.
Qatar Foundation (QF) members will receive a discounted rate of $425/QR1550. A QF or QF-affiliated center email address must be verified for the person registering to take the course in order to receive the discount. For a list of QF members eligible for discount, please click here.
Participants wishing to withdraw from any course must do so no later than October 21, 2018 to receive a full refund. There will be no refunds after this date. While refunds may be processed within two to three days, credit card refunds may take up to a month to show on your account statement. An admin fee of 50 Qatari Riyals will be charged for refunds.
GU-Q reserves the right to cancel classes where enrollment is not sufficient, or due to other unforeseen circumstances. A full refund will be issued when a class is canceled.
Should you have questions or concerns, please email us or call +974 4457 8420.